British American Tobacco Launches 2016 Harm Reduction Report
February 28, 2017 /3BL Media/ -- British American Tobacco’s commitment to developing inspiring products that can drive change and reduce the health impact of tobacco on the world is the focus of its latest report, available now.
This new report demonstrates British American Tobacco’s continued commitment to, and progress in providing consumers, with a choice of new, innovative products, based on sound science and game-changing technology, and how it is championing harm reduction and its potential to have a dramatic and positive effect on public health.
Nicandro Durante, Chief Executive of British American Tobacco, comments: “At BAT, we’re proud of over a century of delivering shareholder value. Rightly, however, the world now demands more of us.
“In 2012, we rearticulated our Group strategy and ambition, firmly placing consumers at the centre, and made a public commitment to satisfying consumers in tobacco and beyond. We were clear then, as we are now, that our business is based on championing informed consumer choice through offering a range of outstanding products across the risk continuum.
“I see this as having the potential to offer a triple win: a win for society in reducing the public health impact of smoking; a win for consumers in offering a choice of exciting, less risky products; and a win for our business and our shareholders in generating sustainable value.
“I’m confident that we have the capabilities to succeed in our ambition and ultimately to deliver our commitments to consumers, society and our shareholders.”
The report covers the significant progress the business has made in a number of key areas, including: product development and innovation, product stewardship, scientific evaluation and risk reduction, and collaborative development of product standards.
Report highlights include:
- Our growing portfolio of new generation tobacco and nicotine products, including our Vype Vapour Products available in 10 markets worldwide and our new Tobacco Heating Product, glo, which was launched in Japan in December 2016.
- An independent viewpoint from Jeff Stier, Senior Fellow at the National Center for Public Policy Research in Washington D.C.
- Understanding the different products and risks, what the latest independent evidence tells us and the results of our own scientific studies.
- Expert viewpoints from BAT’s senior leadership: Kingsley Wheaton, Managing Director of Next Generation Products, and Dr David O’Reilly, Group Scientific and R&D Director.
- Our commitment to, and plans for, the future – we have a rolling five-year view on our innovations pipeline and further expansions into new markets to reach even more consumers.
To download the report, go to www.bat.com/sustainabilityfocus.