New Video Highlights How Arrow Electronics is Improving Lives at the Tuleeni Orphanage in Africa
A beautiful and touching new video shows the positive impact of Arrow Electronics’ continuing contributions to life at the Tuleeni Orphanage in the African village of Uru, Tanzania.
The remote area in which Tuleeni is located is completely off the grid. Education resources are extremely limited, and there are far more children wanting to go to school than can be accommodated. Through its technology resources and employee support, Arrow is opening a world of opportunity for many of these children.
Over the past year, Arrow has:
- Provided internet access for the Tuleeni Center.
- Paid a portion of the Center’s solar electricity costs.
- Fully funded education costs for numerous students through employee contributions to Neema International, a nonprofit partner of Tuleeni’s
- Delivered a fully equipped DigiTruck, a solar-powered computer lab along with 50 refurbished computer tablets and global internet capability.
- Built a playground that gives these children a chance to play, laugh, swing and slide.
“Education is these children’s key to their futures,” says Mandy Stein, executive director of Neema International. “Getting to see those children walk in that computer lab, open their eyes and watch them LIGHT UP . . . this is just not something they ever thought was within their reach.”
Watch the video on Arrow’s YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/-iMzxZBCNEY.
Learn more about Arrow’s DigiTruck project with Close the Gap: https://www.fiveyearsout.com/campaigndetail/digitruck
Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 125,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of more than 465 locations serving over 90 countries. Learn more at www.fiveyearsout.com.